2017 : SMART Goals for the year
And its that time of the year again. We’re tired. The year that was. Making plans for Christmas.
Picking out a guy/girl to take along to that New Year’s Party.
How about those goals?
Its interesting. Every time i set a goal for New Year’s, I never do it. And when I don’t set that goal,
I don’t achieve it either. This got me thinking, and doing a bit of research.
Why was this happening? I stumbled on this concept of SMART goals.
What it stands for is –
And a bulb went off in my head. I was either not setting any goals, or setting unrealistic goals.
I’m not sure where I developed this habit from, but I’ll take the blame. Its just more efficient.
So here goes –
These are my goals for 2017
- Be on my 3rd year of work experience at a job, and complete a 4th year in the same role.
- Financial – Have an active income. And save up for an emergency fund as well a retirement, insurance.
- Set up a passive source of income of $100 per month
- Get into a world class Masters program abroad for the additional knowledge and exposure.
- Run the marathon, doesn’t matter where I am placed
- Complete a year of Ji Jitsu & Taekwondo
- Do 30 minutes of Yoga / Meditation daily after exercise
- Journal everyday
- Stay single
- Be inaccessible to peers. Only keep in touch with family, few close friends and work.
- Eat healthy
- Think healthy
I hope so.
I’ll keep you posted on my progress.